In the 21st century young people face demands for an ever increasing range of talents and attributes, many of which cannot be learned in classrooms. Our Outdoor Education programme provides activities that inspire and empower young people, while building the resilience required for both the professional and personal sphere.
Outdoor Education allows us to:
· Take young people out of the classroom and immerse them in a natural, outdoor environment
· Expose young people to new challenges
· Promote interaction with others
· Create moments of self-discovery and facilitate learning about self, others and the environment
Benefits to young people:
· Improved confidence
· Increased determination and resilience
· Improved self-awareness
· Improved collaborative skills
· Improved communication skills
· Improved leadership skills
· Increased environmental awareness and concern
In the area of Crans-Montana we have the perfect setting for a superb range of activities, led by qualified and experienced professionals.
In the Junior School the children take part in outdoor education as part of the Saturday programme. They participate in an ‘age-related’ progressive programme that can include walking, high ropes, orienteering, outdoor cooking, mountain-biking, climbing and camp craft. The duration of the day depends on the nature and location of the activity.